Tuesday, September 9, 2008

healing tears


Pollyanna is such a tearjerker.
I ended up getting sucked into watching it on the Hallmark channel this past weekend.
Whoever handles programming for the Hallmark channel is smart.
This film has all the sentiment that greeting cards try so hard to convey.
They should do cross-marketing!

I was feeling so ill over the weekend because of allergies.
My muscles ached like a motherfucker. I even got a massage
from this chinese place near my house. The masseuse really
hurt me, but i'm not used to getting a massage and i decided i should
just take the pain. Plus, one time when i did squel she just said "It's ok"
and then she kept on doing it. It didn't seem like it mattered to her.
I was worried, too, because she massaged my butt a lot. I guess I didn't
have a god way of knowing if this was a legit massage place. But I chose
it because I had a gift certificate.
Also, she sat on me.

Anyway, while I was feeling ill this weekend, it would have made me feel better to have received a 'Get Well Soon' card with a picture of a paralyzed Pollyana being carried down the stairs while the whole town came out to greet her. The entire town! The orphans, old curmudgeons, disgruntled servants, and even Jane Wyman who played her cold-hearted aunt! All of them moved to pieces by pollyanna's sweetness. I cried so much while watching that. I actually think crying helped with my allergies. I know it cleared out my nasal passage.

No comments: